Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New computer

January 23, 2019:
Got a new computer, had to figure out how it operated, and am now just getting back to my blog.

some things which have been done in the "lost fortnight": set up a revolving schedule for myself so I can keep up the homefront - and it's working, taught a class to my WG for making baby hats which we donate to local hospitals for new babies, finished spinning singles and began plying the "combo-spin" of Merino and Romney fibers, helped msH learn to dye wool - we dyed some Quince & co DK wt yarn with easter egg dyes and a KnitPicks sock blank with cake decorating gels.  She got to show off the yarn at the latest WG meeting.  She is full of ideas about what gramma will make for her from "her yarn".
this is the sock blank yarn












And, I got good news on two medical fronts: my knee can heal on it's own without surgery to repair the meniscus and although the Fuch's in my right eye is getting worse it will be a little while until I have to have the transplant - doc says it's my choice when to do it. .

OK, on with our wonderful life.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen