Sunday, February 03, 2019

Bad blogger

February 3, 2019: There has been a derth of posting; I'm sorry I have no excuse to offer.  I'm trying to do better.

Amazingly enough I have been able to focus on and keep working toward my 2019 goals.  I guess I should have put blogging there, too.

The weather has not been too bad, tiny bit of snow and some rain.  We will pay come the long, hot summer with low water and tons of bugs.

It has been warm enough that the mister helped me set up my quilt tables in the garage, and he bought a kerosene heater to put in there while I am working.  I finished up the "sandwiches" on two quilts.  I am working on quilting the first right now.
We put the tables away for a bit as there is a forecast for snow and we don't want to leave the car out in the snow. 


I also finished up some spinning, some sewing and some knitting.  I made msH & myself some more undies and completed on of my UFO's in knitting, "that Danish Shawl"

Here is a photo of my latest spin project.  It yielded ~400 yd of 2-ply sport-wt yarn.  This is a combo-spin of Romney and Merino, "Tuxedo Storm".  I'm not sure what it shall turn out to be.

I am planning more spinning and more knitting with my handspun.  I have colorwork project in mind that will use some handspun and some commercial yarn - all of which is precious to me.  The commercial yarn is from Wales - I got it on our trip to Great Britain.  And I plan to use two different samples of my handspun for the second color - Wensleydale & Targhee - in succession.





No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen