Tuesday, October 01, 2019

October 1

So it's the start of the run to get ready for cold.  All of the "forecasters" of weather - you know the ones: fur on animals, berries on trees, "old farmers almanac", etc., etc., etc. - tell us it's going to be a hard winter.  And what with all of the now strange things going on weather-wise due to the climate change one cannot tell anymore so it's better to be prepared.
I've moved the chicken houses so I can put a tarp over them to prevent snow build up inside the pens.  I've set up the heated water dish although not plugged it in yet.  We've found 2 buckets for msDaisy so we can bring in and thaw one while she can drink from the other (until it freezes, of course).  
The kids & grands are getting their winter supply of pellets for the stoves (they heat with pellet stoves while we have a gas furnace).
I'm going to try to get in the beets and carrots during the week.  I can only work for a limited amount of time as my hip tries to give out and also causes me so much pain I can't work anymore.  Then I go in and rest.
Right now I'm trying to finish the purse in which I used the "ugly fabric" from the quilt group challenge.  The meeting is tonight & I wanted to take it & show it off, LOL.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen