Wednesday, January 15, 2020

January 15

OK !  My much loved (& missed) mum was right.  “The best part is it doesn’t hurt anymore.”  Well, the hip joint, anyway; there is some discomfort at the surgical site, but nothing like the old hip.
I had the surgery Friday AM and went home Sunday PM. I stayed a bit longer as I was having a little issue with my leg not “waking up”.  There had been a problem with the usual anesthetic and they gave very large doses of locals.  There also were lesions that had developed on the bone so they did some bone grafts.  But all-in-all I’m now a successful bionic woman. I am looking forward to re-gaining my activity.
I have been doing my exercises & following the precautions religiously - I want to be well ASAP.
I’m making an enormous amount of dishcloths (using up my BIG stash of cotton) & working on some socks for msH, too.
Big plans are rolling around in my head - I’ll be busy, busy, busy soon.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen