Friday, May 22, 2020

May 22, 2020

Sunny day today and yesterday was not too bad either, but for wind.  But we can't complain too much.
I got some more weeding done and thinning the beets a bit.  
I'm planning to start to germ beans this weekend so I can get them in by the end of the month.
I'm working on the new quilt blocks; they are slow going as the piecing is pretty small pieces even with the 12" blocks.
I want to get out one of the UFO's and get started on it, too.
I made sourdough English muffins today; I think they will be a bit better than the last ones as I was careful not to get in too much flour and not to cook them too long.
I've been a "homemaker machine" lately; I just have to pace myself so as not to get too tired.  I think I am doing a better job of that now, too.
I did a bit of spinning; I think I am going to make a hat of the yarn I'm doing right now.  It is alpaca and corriedale wool mix that is so soft and I'm sure will be warm due to the alpaca.
The Losna sweater is coming along as I'm nearly done with the colorwork yoke.  Then it'll be straight stockinette in the green yarn for the remainder of the garment.  I plan to make 3/4 sleeves again as I just get tired of having to push up my sleeves all of the time.
Tomorrow I'm going out to my friend Charlene's farm to get some milk and see her farm store.  If msH wants to come we'll be able to see the new baby goats and alpacas.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen