Sunday, May 31, 2020

May 31

We had a tremendous storm last night and into the early morning; thunder, lightening, wind, rain and general mayhem.  The climate change is giving us a taste of the future, I think.
And, now the country is in such turmoil over the stupid people who think that killing a man of color is OK; those police need to be charged with first degree murder, but it hasn't happened yet.  Unbelievably only third degree !  
It is no wonder folks are rioting - not that I think that behavior is EVER an answer - I can understand.  And it's not like the riots when I was younger, people of all ethnicity are voicing their unhappiness at what is going on.
And that stupid shit-face in charge of this country is just adding to the fires.  Plus he continues to alienate the rest of the world.  This country will, most likely, never recover.

OK, on to happenings around here now that I've vented my feelings on the matter.  But, I still need to say that I am afraid of what may happen.

The garden is nearly all in the ground.  Now just have to wait to see if the rest of the seed germinates.  I only have corn left to plant and what with our sudden turn to hot weather - it took the usual 1 day for that to happen - I can safely plant it, I think.
There's lots of pears on the trees, so thinning is going to be a priority so that we can get good size fruit in the fall.
Strawberries are blooming and the other berries have buds that are swelling.  I'm going to try to get preserved as much as I can as it looks as if food resources are going to become less than we are used to here.  (The nincompoop in WA capitol is not helping by his treatment of our trade partners, either.)
I've been slowly working on my craft projects too.  I have determined that I'm going to get as much done as I am able.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen