Tuesday, July 21, 2020

July 21, 2020

We picked some cherries at the “local” orchard yesterday.  They opened on Sunday and apparently we should have gone then. (Never mind we had other obligations that day.). It looked like the locusts had come through !  We have never seen a shortage in any of the years we’ve gone to pick fruit.  A local man whom I spoke with - he was getting some fruit that day - told me that there had been a line of cars a mile long to get in at 7:00 AM.  
Something must be in the air ????😱😱😱
It has now switched to the HOT cycle here.  There seems to be no happy medium.  I’m having to water the gardens a lot to keep from wilting plants and the poor peas were blown out in a few days.  It’s a good thing it waited to come until we had gotten most of the good harvest.  I may get pumpkins, squash & corn after all if I can keep them watered.  
Ah!  the Palouse - “gotta’ love it to live here”.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen