Sunday, July 05, 2020

July 5, 2020

I know it has been some time since I have blogged.  Sometimes it just gets too hard to focus and get all the things done.
Enough whinging for now.

It was a quiet Fourth, no parades, no big fireworks, etc. due to the CoVid.  So the mister & I had an inside BBQ & went to Johnson in the late afternoon to watch some WWII warplanes from the Lewiston air museum make a fly-over; there were 5 different fighter planes and one bomber.  It was awe inspiring for me and made me sad at the same time.  Somehow it seems that we have all just lost our way and the things from the past just emphasis that.  Not that war, at ANY time is a good thing, just the pulling together of folks is what I mean.  It seems that even in these horrible times people just can't get it together to do what needs to be done.

The garden is picking up a bit, but it is still too cool at night, only a few days without rain, too.  I'm not sure if we'll get much from the warm weather loving "guys".  There's peas set on and the beets & carrots are "cooking along", so we'll get some there 💖.

I'm just putting a picot bind-off on the shawl I've been working on.   I've started to quilt the latest UFO project, too.  Not as much time in the warm weather to do inside hobbies, though.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen