Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 25, 2023

 Oh my goodness!!!!

OK, I'm really bad as a blogger.  No more excuses, as it is what it is.

Summer is taking its time getting here; we've actually had to turn the heat back on a few times IN JUNE  !!!!!  I've all the garden in, but it's slow as there has been very little rain along with the cold.  I have to water nearly every day and one knows that it's just not enough and never the same as a good rain.

I've harvested spinach and lettuce; replanted some lettuce and plan to try autumn spinach this year, too.

We've been camping two times so far this summer and have 3 more stays that are reserved for later.  Not much else is happening but the usual work around the place and lots of "old fart" resting being done.

I got some relief from the pain caused by the degenerative disc disease with a cortisone shot in my back; don't know how long it will last, but it was a miracle to be sure. I'm still trying to cope with the heart condition and learning how to live with a much slowed down life.  It's hard when one has always been a driver-driver person to get the idea that one has to SLOW down and not tax one's body if one wants to continue on this earth.

Ah well, we do what we must. I've been enjoying so much the new craft group I've joined over in Genesee; they are wonderful ladies. Lots of new ideas and lots of things to share make for great friends.  I'm still plugging away at my hobbies, too: some quilting, some spinning, some knitting & crochet, along with some of the new things to which I've been introduced.

OK, off for now; keep having a good summer (of winter) depending on where one is in this lovely earth.


No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen