Thursday, September 21, 2023

HAPPY AUTUMN

 

It's the first day of Autumn-lovely rain last night and it is finally cooling.  

It has been so long in the coming; and add to that all of my health issues of late I have found it hard to do much of anything but keep on an even keel around the homestead. Suffice to say, it is way to much to force sharing on anyone, but let's just say I'm now a candidate for a new knee, I survived a second bout with covid-so much for vaccines, etc. and I finally can do a bit more than survive.  I think, finally, my energy level is lifting beyond below sea level.  I'm sure the horrible weather lifting is helping, too.

I'm working a bit on some quilting-not as much as I wished I'd be able to do over summer, but one takes the progress one is able to make. I'm doing some crochet on dishcloths & scrubbies and some knitting on a throw made from the mini skeins I've collected over the years of collecting "The Countess Ablaze" yarn (she no longer dyes, so I figured I'd make her beautiful yarn minis into a lovey throw.

I want to do some more sewing-make some aprons and perhaps some new dresses or such.  Plus, the G-grand has decided what costume she wants for Halloween-it's Steam Punk and actually will be easier than many of the choices in the past 😄😄😄.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen