Tuesday, June 22, 2021

June 23, 2021

 HOT, HOT, HOT, & HOT !!!!!!!!

And so we are reaping the effect of climate change.  At the moment our part of the world is cooking, and I do mean cooking.  112 degrees is for the Southwest, not the Northwest (not even us on the dry side).

I'm having to water everyday and we probably will be short of water as the summer progresses-does not bode well for gardens.  Some of my garden is not doing too well anyway due to poor germination and lack of growth.  I'm not sure if it was the heat, poor seed, or some other factor. 

And I have never had to worry about baby chicks being too hot!  Tomorrow I am buying a mister to put on top of both chicken houses to help cool them down.  I open all of the doors and windows in the houses to keep them cool as possible and only have to turn on the heat lamp during the night.  I'm sure they will not need heat as long as babies in the late winter/early spring.

I finished up some yarn that I had spun on my spindles, it turned out well, but still too thick.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to spin sock yarn, sadly :~(

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen