Sunday, June 13, 2021

June 13, 2021

 Another sunny, warm day (unfortunately) as our drought continues.  We’ve had only a few rain periods and we’re not enough to help much.  I give thanks for them none-the-less, but always pray for more.

The garden is patchy at best. Although we have potatoes, peas & fabas that appear to be thriving, the carrots, beets & coles had such poor germination I am going to try again and see if I can have a small autumn crop.  Onions, garlic & shallots appear to be fine, too.

One pear tree set fruit, but it appears the winter pear will be bare this year and there will be but a small plum crop.  Since I replaced my straw- and rasp- berries and the Cascades suffered a cold snap setback there will be but a few of those, too.  It is a good thing I have a good backlog in the freezer & canning pantry 💕👍🏼💕.

I finished one pair of socks in May 🥰 and started a pair for June (not sure I’ll get them done in June, though).  I also got the “Elephant Stomp” quilt all and wished and quilted-just need label and binding-for M & L s coming baby 👨‍👩‍👦.   I used flannel on the back for a good snuggly “blankie”.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen