Friday, March 17, 2023

March 17, 2023

 HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY TO ALL OF IRISH DESCENT OR NOT.

  1. It may be approaching spring, almost to mornings without frost, but as we all know that can change at the blink of an eye. I am ready for gardening season, though.  I'm planning that which I can start soon and than which will have to wait a bit.

I plan to prune some trees this weekend and am in process of seeing if I can get another Eglu chicken house.  There is a used one for sale and I'm hoping the lady will take my offer.  I'll have to clean it up and most likely fix some things as she had used it for rabbits and I'll have to get some more wire panels, but if she takes my offer it will save me some money.  And, I'll have another pen for the new chickens I plan to get in April.

Today I'm making "Irish Stew" since I can no longer have corn beef; I plan to make some "soda bread" using my soda substitute-we'll have to see how that goes.  I also bought some St.Pat's Day cookies from our local cookie maven-she makes yummy, beautiful cookies that are fun to eat & look at, too.

I did a bit of sewing on the backing for the Fall Frolic quilt; I'll have to do some brainstorming for the rest of the backing as there is not enough of the strips from the grab bag that I sewed together.  BUT! there are more strips for sure in my stash.

Healthwise I feel somewhat better, but the energy level is still not there.  I suppose I'm just going to have to get used to that as the heart is not going to heal itself.  I'm learning about pacing and such since the spine thing seems to be adding to the problem; I was not made to live with pain and I spend some time giving myself pity parties about that.  Another thing I have to overcome I think as that sort of behavior gets one absolutely nowhere!!!

OK, enough gab and on to the timer inspired day, 





No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen