Friday, June 06, 2008

Podcasts, Blogs, and ...................

I am having the "time of my life"....................with my new iPod. I got it so I would be able to listen to audiobooks..............................& then I discovered Podcasts!!!! - knitting podcasts to be exact. I now know there are other types, too, but I'm still exploring all the knitting ones. It is so-o-o-o much fun .
I've finished my father's socks, on to my mother's & am plugging away at my shawl - 35 sets of the 85 12 row pattern of lace for the lower edge & then I still have to do the body of the shawl. Mike figures I'll be done before I'm 80, anyway , but I surely hope it will be sooner than that.
We have spinach, lettuce & kale to eat from the garden; I planted the beans & cucumbers, but it has been so cold I'm not sure how the poor things will do. My tomatoes are turning purple from the cold & the peppers just sit there not growing - those babies need warm weather & mother nature has not been forth-coming as yet.
To save on fuel costs we have changed the weekly shopping trip to a bi-weekly one & tomorrow is the day. I am combining grocery shopping with taking in the re-cycling & attending the Saturday farmer's market in Moscow, ID. So, I expect I'll be pretty tired when I get home.
On another front, I've been organizing my hobby room - this is where all my fiber/fabric work is done & is my computer room, too, so one can see how daunting this project could be. I'm trying to reduce the volume in there, but it is really a chore. I have had success, though, as I've managed to get 3 large boxes of "stuff" that I can give to the local thrift shops. I shall keep you apprised of my progress.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen