Saturday, April 11, 2009

another day

It's Saturday & I just got back from my weekly shopping. I also went to JoAnn's & the Dollar Store to get some Easter things - not for Easter, but for our next Quilt Camp in the fall when our theme is "holidays". Madeline & I are "doing" Easter on the Friday of fall camp. So, I got bunny decorations, eggs, table cloths & napkins & some assorted theme things to go on the tables for decorations. Plus, I got some Easter fabric to give away as prizes to our members - each theme day has "goodies" for the members.
I also got some chicken wire to make some potato towers - going to try to grow some "spuds" this year. I really am looking foward to gardening - and I bought a small shovel to use in my raised beds.
We're having cube steaks for supper - I'll turn them into "chicken-fried steaks" - and I'm going to make some cous-cous with garlic braised kale to go with the "steaks". A veggie salad on the side & we're ready to go!
I am so behind in my house cleaning, but as I always say it's not going anywhere, so I'll just get to it when I get to it, LOL.
I want to get a bit of knitting in today, plus if it stays dry a bit more, perhaps something out of doors, too.
I found some of that Red Heart sock yarn with the aloe it in when I was at JoAnn's so I bought a couple of skeins to make some socks & see how it works out.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen