Monday, June 22, 2009

And it's Monday again

Ugh! - not Monday (really), but the weather we are having here. It rained all weekend & I could not get much done in the yard & garden. I had to go out in the cold yesterday and pick my spinach as it was trying to go to seed (due to the long days, of course, not the heat-that's for sure). I wore my raincoat, so I did not get too wet, but my hands were so cold that when I brought the greens inside and washed them up to get ready to prepare for freezing even the slightly warm water I used to get rid of the sand made my hands hurt.
And I didn't get the "water tower" weeding even started - the darn thistles & grass are going to be "the death of me" yet!
"the Postman" and I drove down to the Banner Ranch-on the Snake River near Clarkston, WA-to get some local cherries. They had some Raniers (a yellow/red fruit) and some Chelans (a dark red fruit) so we got a few pounds to eat fresh AND a fresh cucumber-they had a few tomatoes, cukes & zukes already.
One of my co-workers just told me that it was to get to 40°F !!! here in Pullman tonight - and it gets way more cold where I live. We'll have to haul out the row covers & the plastic for the temp greenhouse.

1 comment:

Daniele said...

Ahhh. A fresh cucumber sounds so good! I wish we would have planted some.

drMolly, the BeanQueen