Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hey it's Thursday! AND a nifty contest

"the Postman" had to work way-overtime yesterday - we had soup (out of a can, LOL) and rolls + some lettuce from our garden for supper (at 7:00 PM).
Today, however, he just called and told me he can only work 8 hours - they have some sort of restriction to making them work all 5 days in their week over 8 hours. So, supper will be on time today, HOORAH!

A picture of the lovely purple-blue iris at the end of the blueberry bed.







And I took this close-up of the flowers on our purple raspberry - my photography is not near as good as my # 3 sister ("the soap guru"), but interesting I think, none-the-less.
HooHaw - I've just read the post on BarknKnit's blog http://barknknit.blogspot.com about an interesting contest; 'skeinsherway's Summer Knitting Goals Contest http://www.skeinsherway.com/
You-all might like to give it a try.
Here's my list & it includes some other goals too:
1) Get at least 3 UFO's completely finished (that means seaming if needed,
buttons, ends in, etc. etc.
2) Finish 2 pair of SFS (socks for soldiers)
3) Keep up my walking & bike riding so I can continue to see that "lovely"
weight lose & build my endurance
4) keep on goal for our retirement - !!!Muy importante!!!
5) BLOG in a timely manner
6) Work on my sewing so I can create some new clothes that actually fit me
I know it doesn't seem a lot, but I want to REALLY achieve them.

3 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Thanks for joining me! :) I wish you luck with your goals!! Lovely pictures!!

Daniele said...

Lovely pictures! And, you can definitely achieve those goals!

Alison said...

You've been picked! You've been picked! Your number was randomly generated!

You're the winner of package #1!! Please e-mail me with your particulars at ali AT skeinsherway DOT com and I'll get the package in the mail some time in this next week, whenever I get a chance to get to town! :-)

Have a great summer,
Happy knitting-
ali

drMolly, the BeanQueen