Thursday, July 30, 2009

I finished...............

the Carefree KAL Blog TdF KAL - and under the wire (their deadline is August 2). Here are two photos: one of the socks & one of the lace pattern on the legs.


We picked more raspberries - got 2 more Qts. in the freezer for this fall/winter - & I got some more peas for one of our favorite summer dishes - creamed peas & new potatoes.

It is still being quite hot around here - in the 90's each day & only T-storms in the forcast; they often don't bring rain, just cause fires. We are luckier than the folks on the west side of the Cascade mountains as it has been very hot there & they are just not used to that sort of weather. My mum told me yesterday that it had been over 100!! at their farm north-east of Camas, WA (NE, over the Columbia River, across from Portland, OR).

And I've been keeping up with the spinning - although I don't do quite as long times as I did during the TdF, I am keeping to the 15 minute goal :~).

2 comments:

Daniele said...

I heard it was a heatwave out west. I'm glad you made it!!! We never did receive one day of 90 degrees the whole month of July. Yay!!!

Love those socks!

adrienne said...

and lovely socks they are. i do still need your mailing address for that prize you won, though. i am leaving you messages all over the place. i guess i get to keep your prize! LOL!

drMolly, the BeanQueen