Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long delay here

I have been so busy at work that by the time I get home (& sometimes that is late due to "the Postman" having much overtime) I am so tired I do not have the energy to get any writing done in here. There are garden & orchard events, too - pick those berries, can those beans / beets, find some time to clean the house or do the laundry, etc., etc. - I am still an old-fashioned gal who likes a clean house & clothes, plus although I do get help, it seems that I still run out of time.
And, nature waits for no one - the fruit & veggies get ripe when THEY are ready, not when one is ready for them, LOL. And I'm sure that it is known by now that I refuse to waste any of the bounty.
So, I've made jam, canned some beans & beets (this is how I solved the problem of not enough jars of beans to do a whole canner full - added jars of beets!), frozen berries and gotten ready to do more. I got some apricots & dried them; there is a box of peaches ready to freeze & dry - although I think I will get more of them as one box for both purpose just does not make enough of either. "the Postman" really likes peach jam & peach pie, too, so some for the freezer is an imperative.
I have been working steadily, if only a little at a time on the UFO's in the knitting department AND have NOT started anything new, although I've ordered some yarn to start another KAL (for a vest http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patternsFree/C179_Greenland.pdf ) & actually will use it to do 2 KALs: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/sleeves-off-and-buttons-on vest KAL & http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitter-with-critters-podcast flat pattern into in-the-round pattern KAL. The pattern is for a vest made flat, so I'm going to convert it into the round & also do steeking for armholes & neck 'V'. I'm going to get ALL SORTS of experiences all in one project. Then maybe I'll not get so side-tracked from all those UFO's that I WILL!!! finish. The KAL's start in September, so I have a couple of weeks to make some progress on the other projects.

1 comment:

Daniele said...

Yum! You sure are doing a lot of work on harvesting!! I'm getting tired just thinking about it. Paul absolutely LOVES anything to do with peaches. And apricots? Oh boy - he loves those apricots!

Do you pickle any of the beets? My mouth waters just thinking about that!!

The KAL sounds like fun! I may have to check into that as well.

Get some rest girl! Knitting Forever - Housework whenever! ha ha ha

drMolly, the BeanQueen