Friday, September 18, 2009

Another end of the work week

Here is another update for your reading pleasure:
Rosevale: It has been warm & windy around here lately, but that is OK as it means no freezing for a while. The tomatoes are still green (I 've only picked 2 small ones that were ripe), there are a few baby green peppers that will hopefully grow bigger, the mini-lettuce heads are coming along nicely, the onion sprouts are all up & growing for later transplant for overwintering (when I put out the garlic cloves for next year's crop), but the cucumbers seem to have reached their limit of life-the vines are dying & the small cucumbers didn't expand. The berries are still producing; both strawberries & raspberries, so we get desserts & fruit for cereal still!
tales of drM: I'm still plugging away at the virus testing; received some wild bean seeds from one of my colleagues who collected them on his parent's farm in Missouri - these are the ones I'm trying to document & collect from the eastern United States before they all are lost due to urbanization. Phaseolus polystachios were once native to almost all of the eastern states; I have applied for a grant to collect in Florida next year (genuine sitings & collections in the last few years by state park employee) and if I'm successful in the grant process I will apply for grants so I can go to other states in the few years I have left before I retire.
I've been making reservations for various traveling that I have to do for work: a trip to Fort Collins, CO in October & one to Griffin, GA in February.
"PO patter": Not much more than LOTS of work to report here. DH has said there is going to be a review of the length of some of the routes so perhaps there will be some changes so there will not be so many late nights. This would be a good thing. "tP" has joined a second bowling league so now he goes on Sunday & Tuesday evenings. It is a fun activity for him & I have free time at home to do my type of playing.
hobbies: I've made some progress on the SFS socks-I'm working on the feet past the gusset decreases; the Mystery socks are nearly done-on the foot below the last lace pattern, right before the toe decreases; have managed a few more rows on the vest KAL-had to repair some errors where I had made the "leans" of the cables in the wrong direction-that Malabrigo yarn is so wonderful, makes me want to use it for more projects.
My other projects are still in holding patterns until I get some more time.
We put "Tommy Trailer" into storage on Wednesday. We have a bay in a covered, locked storage place that we can access privately if we need to do so. Camping is officially over until next year.
We are still hoping to get some cycling in before cold weather if "tP" can just work a little bit less. I may have to take to just going for a bit on on my own on days I drive my self to & from work.

1 comment:

Daniele said...

I'm so glad you are still getting fruits from the garden. I think we are almost done here as well. No frost yet, but I feel it in the air. I'm thinking of purchasing some heirloom tomato seeds. I really do miss having the yummy pineapple and pink tomatos. The stores here only sell red plants. I'll have to get out my trust lights down the basement and start up plants again. Oh... the cleaning involved!!! ;)

drMolly, the BeanQueen