Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday - mid August

Just got back from the Wool Gatherer's monthly meeting / potluck. We had a lovely meal and then cleaned some llama fleece. We got to skirt, clean & scour some fleece that had been donated from the local vet school - there had been some animals brought in that needed shearing and the school can't sell the fleeces, so they were donated to the group. I got some black/grey and some light brown, about a pound of the black and half of the brown. I'm not sure what I'll do with it when I am done cleaning it, but it is very pretty.
I have to go to the eye doctor tomorrow to have my annual check-up - I have a degenative eye disorder (Fuch's syndrome or corneal dystrophy) that needs to be checked annually to assess any progressive damage. So far the disorder has been in mostly remission and does not cause too many problems. Mostly it makes me need LOTS of light to do things and causes some deterioration of my vision. I am lucky in that, because if it "decided" to progress I could lose all my sight and have to have a corneal transplant - not my idea of fun, if you know what I mean.
Gonna' go rinse my fiber some more and put it out to dry, and then go spin.

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

Sounds like a great time...I'm not the biggest fan of cleaning alpaca fleece which I think is like llama but it's worth a try! ;)

Hope you eyes don't get worse.

drMolly, the BeanQueen