Thursday, December 29, 2011

The rain has stopped for a bit AND

we are going to visit my folks on New Year's Weekend! As federal workers we will get Monday off from work so we decided we could make the drive. We've called the pet sitter and have the schedule set up. Sometimes things work out OK after all :~).
I finished the button side of the bands on the cardigan last evening. Now I shall have to figure how many buttons I wish to put on and plan the spacing of the buttonholes. It will be done before I know it, LOL, not bad for a sweater that has taken me ONLY 2½ years to complete. Hey!! that's better than the lavendar lace sweater - it's 5 years old and still not quite done!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh listen! I have so many unfinished projects, books, etc., that my resolution is not to start anything new until I have worked through some things. But - I probably will make some doll clothes because I consider that ongoing. Spacing the buttons and making the buttonholes -- well, that would be a "buffalo" for me, I'm afraid.

So glad to hear you're able to get away for a holiday weekend after all -- just not the weekend you expected. Wonderful things are happening!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Have a blessed and joyous 2012,drMolly!!
Hugs
Jenny
xxx

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Thank you to both Kathy & Jenny!

We had a wonderful time & it was so good to see my folks.

drMolly, the BeanQueen