Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tune-up on Tuesday

Are you taking care of yourself?  Do you get exercise & eat what's healthy for you?  You know that if you do all in moderation you will be far better off than if you don't pay any attention to those details, don't you? 
Of course, we are not always going to avoid that "double fudge nut 'yucky"-the DH's nickname for that sinfully chocolate goodie, whatever it is-and we are not going to go out there and run that 10K every day.  BUT! if one makes at attempt to help one's self be healthier, one will be happier - hey!  it just makes you feel better.
So, I've been doing my best to figure how to apply this in my own life.  I've taken to really thinking about what I put into my mouth & try to get some form of exercise each day.  I figure I'm not going to work miracles here, just get to feeling more energy and more desire to get out & do the things I really want to accomplish.

OK, off the soap-box and on to fun stuff.  Here's a couple of photos of the goodies I got at the quilt show. 
 
I can hardly wait to start work on the colorful quilt. 

I'm still working on my UFO's too, so no "finger-wagging" at me.  I am alternating new projects with UFOs (both in the sewing area and the fiber area) and I'm being successful.

I got a small section of the "greenhouse" partioned off with plastic & I put my hardy seeds inside, planted in some mini-houses made of recycled plastic containers; dirt on one side & the other side for a cover.  I started some lettuce, kale, kohlrabi, broccoli, cauliflower and bok choy (for Buddy, of course), plus I planted six cabbage plants that I bought & put in a few cabbage seeds, too, for a later crop. 

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen