Saturday, May 25, 2013

new flowers for the outside pots

I got a nice big selection of annuals for my pots, but I'm keeping them in the garage at night until I'm fairly sure they'll be able to survive in the outdoor pots.

Today was lovely, but one just can't trust the weather around here.  The forecast keeps saying rain, but we get clear & sunny days that lead to freezing nights - STILL!! 
So what, apparently, that it was in the 70's & 80's earlier in the month.

I planted some more spinach seed and see that finally all 10 of my asparagus roots have sprouted.  I checked on the cucumbers in the plastic house and it must have been much colder than I thought as 2 did not survive.  However, the others seem to be OK - I planted some more cuke seeds today, too, to replace the plants that did not make it.

I hope that all of you in the United States remember to honor our fallen heroes on Monday - Memorial Day (recognized) here in the states.  It is due to their sacrifice that we have our freedoms and our wonderful country.  Give thanks.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen