Saturday, July 06, 2013

Day #4 sans 'tP'

I am a gardening/harvesting machine! 

I picked strawberries,

snap peas,





& green faba beans today. 

 
Then I thinned the rest of the apples and picked up all the "dead" apples & branches that had fallen or needed to be trimmed. 
After that I cleaned the yard of that ever-present (if one has dogs, of course) dog poop and did a little bit of weed whacking in the back. 

I was able to "donate" some of the berries to our neighbors so I don't have quite so many to process, AND since tomorrow is potluck Sunday at church there's going to be quite a few go there, too.  I plan to wash and slice the rest to put into the food dehydrater.  The dry strawberries go well in cookies, granola & hot oatmeal, too.

Right now, I'm in cooling off with some iced tea & having some lunch.  I then will attack that quilting project - I think I am about 2/3 of the way finished with the quilting - HURRAH!!!!

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen