Thursday, August 20, 2015

managing on Monday

We begin a new week with myself coming down with a summer cold - how I hate those. 

I've begun the autumnal clean-up chores already as the heat has rendered many of the plants around here "gone".  I also am doing a few pickles and some beans still, but there isn't much else going. 

I've finished the body for the latest Mother Bear Project bear and now have to give him a face and some clothes.  msH's sweater is still on the needles and I'm trying to do a bit of quilting. 

the mister was able to get the 1966 Buick through a fortuitous turn of events and he had his buddy haul it up to where "the tomato queen" (a 1966 Buick Wildcat convertible) is being restored to her former gloriousness.  This fortune will allow him to have many spare parts and the ability to replace some of the things on the queen that needed such help.

I'm off to work outside for a bit, until my cold makes me feel so bad I don't want to be out there anymore, to add more effort to the seasonal wrap-up.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen