Friday, July 28, 2017

finishing on Friday

but, very little.

I made bread: 2 loaves of apple-blueberry quick bread, 1 loaf of cinnamon raisin yeast breard and 1 loaf of cracked wheat yeast bread.  


I picked the few fava beans and put them in our salad for supper tonight.  Also I got some chard which I will serve with supper tomorrow.


The berries are nearly done - it is just too hot for them.  I hope when it cools off for autumn that there will be some later raspberries that manage to ripen before the frost.


I did a lot of weeding in the gardens - a hard job in all of this heat - it just exhausts me.  But the corn and bean plants appreciate it I think.


During the heat of the day I stay inside with the air conditioning and work on housework or some crafts. I've put in some rows on the socks, some squares in the worsted weight blanket, and some rows on the handspun shawl.

I made a plan for completion of the UFO quilt I am doing now.  I wanted it to be bed size and the top was no where near that size.  So, I made a "map" of what to do to increase the size.  This is the 2013 Craftsy Block of the Month.  YES, I am slow, but I do get there eventually.  
And, this is not the oldest UFO in my stash, LOL.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen