Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thoughts on Thursday

We've been busy starting to get the homestead ready for the cold season. I believe it has begun as we now have temeratures in the 60-70's as opposed to the 90's. 

 All of the fruit but for the late pears has been harvested. Today I finished applesauce and a bit of apple butter. The local Backyard Harvest got quite a bit of the abundance this year as we really did not need to preserve much. The applesauce was using the fruit not fit to share with others - I hate waste !!! 

I entered several things in the Palouse Empire Fair last week and won lots of blue ribbons, plus a First & a Third overall for the Knitting class. This week is the Latah County Fair and I have enteries there, too. We will find out results on Sunday when I go to work for the Palouse Patchers as we "take care" of the displays of "home arts" - the quilting, knitting, crochet, lace, spinning, weaving, etc. 

 I have been very busy the last few weeks and it is taking its toll on me - I am pretty tired by the end of each day. No trouble sleeping, but my! how much energy is sapped.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen