Saturday, December 09, 2017

Simply Saturday

Yesterday I got all the items to make some holiday treats.  I have made my own evaported milk from some oat milk and I plan to make "heavy cream" from lac-free milk & unsalted butter.  Thank the internet for letting me find recipes to replace items for folks that can't have such in their cooking.

I am planning to make some cherry fudge, some almond "roca", some pumpkin fudge and some peanut brittle.  Today I mixed up a batch of  'burger and jerky spices to get the gifts of beef jerky going tomorrow - the meat has to meld flavors overnight.  I made this batch onion teryaki.

the DH & I are going to "drive" the chicken house out to its winter place and tonight we will kidnap the chickie doodles from their old house and put them into the new one.  Then when they wake in the morning it will be a new experience for them AND the old house will be closed up so they can't get back in.  I plan to keep them locked in the wire "range" for a couple of days so they will get used to going back into the new house.

Gifts are nearly all taken care of.  I've just a few more to deal with.  I like being early.  I have sent the cards out of country and now will work on the in country ones.  We don't plan to get a tree until later, maybe a week from now.  I don't like to have them up so long they dry out & shed a lot.  I will have NOTHING BUT REAL TREES in our house.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen