Thursday, January 25, 2018

And further thoughts on Thursdays

It seems we are at the end of our winter weather.  Of course, it still freezes at night AND we do live on the Palouse, but there is no snow, there is no forecast of snow and my bulbs are starting to emerge.  Poor things will be in shock if the winter actually comes back.

The year is progressing well.  I'm doing pretty well at sticking to my plans & goals.  I've gotten a lot done on things that have been languishing for some time.  I hope to keep on being on that right track.

Here are some photos of things I've finished and things I've started.

196 yds of 3-ply SW merino yarn, spun on my Jenkins Turkish Delight spindle.  The fiber was from Meadowlark Fiberworks.

Some hand spindled yarn being spun from "snails" that a friend made on her blending board - wool is all I can tell you.  



"Barley" hats: one for the baby donations, one for msH, one for "old baby" 
(gramma, you can make a hat for old baby too). 
And, I'm working on a quilt from the UFO bin - it's going to be named "Yes, I have more scraps.  Why do you ask?"  I plan to give it to msH's folks and they have a queen size bed, so borders, etc. had to be added.

There's more knitting & crochet, too, and pictures will be added later.

I have some of the photos sorted & put into books; I've started working on the walls in the kitchen and we have come up with some ideas about how to finish them, too.  I'm actually going to go with the distressed look - just NOT as distressed as it looks right now.    😁😁😁😁.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen