Thursday, January 18, 2018

more Thoughts on Thursday

It's a dreary, rainy day today.  A good one for staying inside.  I've baked bread and worked on my mending.  Today I finished replacing a zipper in the mister's "almost new" Harley jacket.  I think he wore it 2 times before the crap zipper that came in it went phooey.  Ah yes, one pays for the name and gets less than quality construction.  a PRIME case of you don't get what you pay for.
Anyway, I got a metal jacket zipper & put it in.  Actually not too difficult since the original was not put in very securely.  

I'm also catching up on the "make do & mend" part of my sewing.  Towels with worn edges, but still good bodies are being cut into useable sizes and the edges serged.  Now we have some really good cleaning cloths.  Then I took some old flannel & cotton jersey garments and cut them into useable rags.  Nothing like cotton for good rags.

I finished up some spinning by soaking and setting the
twist in some SW merino (from the stash !!) that I'd spun on the spindle.  I've not measured the weight or yardage yet, but will do that when I make the final hank for storage.  It turned out nicely.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen