Wednesday, January 10, 2018

the age of joy

for all of us over 60 the fact that we are slowly losing our sight is actually "a given".  We don't even notice 😐.  BUT when we get the cataracts removed from our eyes we suddenly learn what we have been missing for years!  Yesterday I had my second cataract removal.  I have another degenative eye condition called Fuchs Syndrome which made the timing of the 2 surgieries different that most folks have.  The doctor waited until he was sure my eyes were stabilized well from the first operation to do the second.  
This morning, even though it is only one day later, I actually can see WITHOUT my glasses !!!!  Now, because of previously mentioned eye condition, I will always have to wear glasses to correct for the problems it causes (until I have a transplant if needed) my vision is so much improved I can see closely without my glasses.  I wear them to read & drive now, but actually can take them off at close ranges 😍.
I am so blessed to live in these times.

1 comment:

Scooquilt said...

I'm so glad for you! Everyone needs their vision, but we quilters do especially!

drMolly, the BeanQueen