Wednesday, August 01, 2018

August 1

and hot.  The heat is taking away all energy to do much.  And there was a water crisis in our small town when one of the pumps went out.  There are 2 pumps for our town, but one was being repaired and the remaining one failed.  We were on VERY restricted water use & had to boil any water we used for drinking.  As we did, many others in our town did, purchased bottled water for that purpose.  But no showers, no washing dishes, no washing clothes, no outside watering & limited toilet flushes.  One does truly appreciate what our first world access to water is when one is limited in this way.  All is back to normal now, but for limits on outdoor watering.  Blessed we are, indeed.

I am still doing PT for my hip.  My outdoor activities are very limited.  I just try to keep my gardens alive.  What with extreme heat and lack of water for a while they are not thriving, to say the least.  But I did get some green beans, which I had thought we would not get.  I'm not sure if any maize will be forthcoming, though.

Crafting has been limited to some knitting.  I am still trying to deal with the depression and lack of energy; it's difficult to find that which will work for the problem.  The doctor is helping me, but one has to explore pathways which will work and not cause more difficulties than one already has.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen