Wednesday, February 20, 2019

LOTS of Winter in a SHORT time

February 20:  more snow and more snow.  Schools around closed or late; difficulties getting out to take care of critters - have to shovel one's way out to the chicken house.  AND they are not coming out but for a short time to eat & drink and then right back inside.

I am getting a lot of crafting done when I'm not engaged in trying to keep up with the house.  Too much pain and being too tired do not help when one has many things to do 😒.

I got some lovely "made in US" yarn today in the mail.  I joined the "The Legacy Yarn Club" from Mountain Meadow Wool in Wyoming.  This month I got 2 skeins of Camino KID Ranch Rambouillet sheep 2-ply Bulky Hand-dyed "Indian Paintbrush" yarn,  It is a lovely orange & red color mixed with natural black wool.  The Mountain Meadow folks included both a knit and a crochet pattern designed for the yarn.  One is a caplet and one a hat.  I think I will try both of the patterns.  It's a good prescription for surviving snow & cold, IMHO.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen