Friday, August 14, 2020

August 14, 2020

OMG!  The low temperature in our back yard last night was 33° F.  I'm praying it does not keep doing that.  We have fruit & veg that is not ready for harvest yet.  We got very few berries due to the earlier intense heat.  I'm hoping next year is better.  

I'm engaged in "un-quilting" the work I had done on my latest UFO finish.  Somehow the fabric got out of line and was causing twisting, etc.  I plan on doing a different quilt pattern after I get it all straightened out. 

Mostly I've been just working around the home and keeping up with the garden, etc.  I've canned beans (ours) and peaches (from the farmer's market, drive-thru).  I'm getting some more peaches to can or freeze.  The plums are ripening and soon there will be pears, also (if the weather holds).

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen