Thursday, August 20, 2020

August 20, 2020

It has been sooooo hot.  There are fires out on the prairie, but with a bit of rain last night and the hard work of the fire fighters, I'm praying they are under control.  The garden, of course, is in survival mode due to the heat.  The plums are ripening quickly, again due to the heat, and I'm sure the early pears will follow closely.         

I got the peaches (from the farmer's market) canned and am planning to get a few more to dry.  I picked the nearly last "mess 'o beans" which I plan to dry also: bean canning done for the year.  

I'm back working on the non-cooperating UFO quilt.  I got all of it "unquilted" and am starting the re-quilt.  It is not the best, but it will do.  

On Saturday we will have a dual birthday BBQ  - the DD's partner and the #1 GS's GF (msH's mom).  I'm hoping it will cool a bit.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen