Thursday, February 01, 2024

February 1, 2024


 One false spring down, who knows how many to go.  I hope not too many living things get fooled.  

Well, I'm in the pipeline to get the new knee; just "jumping through all the hoops".  I've to get clearance from primary care provider, from cardiologist and from dentist; it's quite a list of things one needs to do before one goes in for "torture".  I've been told knees are a lot more painful than hips, but I think I'm "up for it" as I am getting really tired of not being able to walk.

Looking longingly at garden catalogues, whether digital or analogue; but not sure how the knee situation will affect the gardening this year. The not-so-cold (at times) winter has fooled some of my stored potatoes into starting to sprout, so we're eating lots of potato dishes.  In addition I've had to cook most of my squashes as they have developed mold spots-and that's a lot of squash as these are 'big boys'.  Well, for certain, our diet may be somewhat boring, but it's healthy!

'Craftually' I've been working on a hoodie for msH, some socks, a knitted throw, some quilts, and some spinning.  I spread it out over the week so I've time to work on all my loves and get the house in order, too.  As one ages, it takes longer to do the necessary homemaking, simply because one gets tired more easily and must rest between jobs.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen