Monday, May 03, 2021

May 3, 2021

 Well, see what I get for thinking it would no longer be freezing temps 👎.  Of course woke up this AM to 27 F!  Lucky for me I’ve not quite gone crazy and put out plants.  I still have to get the coles in the ground, although they would survive 27.  

I’ve spaded up the soil for peas, just need to break up a few soil clumps and add the compost before planting.  I have been adding compost to all the garden beds and am nearly done.  I need to start the flower seeds for this year soon.  The tender plants will be a bit later.

I finished the holiday socks just in time to start the sock-along hosted by the Countess Ablaze Community on Mighty Networks.  I’m doing the toe-up pair first.  I am plugging along in the quilting room, getting ready to do some quilting on the two “sandwiches” I made at quilt camp.  Am also working on a few other projects as well as keeping up with the house AND Spring cleaning.

Today am making a pot of chili 🌶 which will serve for supper and provide some freezer meals too.  My favorite cooking style; take care of several days at once. I’ll serve some french rolls and salad with.  

I am, though, very happy Spring is here with its light, blooming flowers and general “new start” feeling.

1 comment:

Scooquilt said...

Your spring is always behind ours, but I like hearing about it. We still have two weeks before last frost, but my snap peas and spinach are enjoying this cool, wet weather.

drMolly, the BeanQueen