Monday, September 19, 2022

September 19, 2022

 

And we are slipping into Autumn, my favorite season of the year.  I am remiss in blogging and the only excuse I can muster is that I get so tired from this heart nonsense that by the end of the day I've very little energy.  I still have not figured how to pace myself to deal with getting my needed work done around home and having time to do things I want to do.  Such as: today I'm trying to finish up the nearly last of the fruit for the season.  There are but winter pears and the October apples left on the trees.  Yesterday I made some plum/pineapple jam and today I have plum butter rendering down in the crockpot.  I put on to dry the HoneyCrisp apples (luck there were just a few this year) and am preparing to make some Irma Pickles for the Mister.  I can no longer eat pickles, but there is no reason not to make some for him-after all they are his favorites.  In between these things I'm doing laundry AND resting after each 15-20 minute session of work.  I'm hoping this will become my habit so I am able to do some more of the things that I like. 

I got a few entries into each of the local fairs and got some nice comments and mostly blue ribbons.  I even got a best of class for my handspun, knitted vest and a nice monetary prize from the Wool Association of Whitman county (via our Wool Gatherers group).  Very satisfactory to my pride, LOL.

I'm trying to work on some quilts as well as the fiber hobbies.  I want also to make some holiday gifts for my family.  Speaking of families, my last uncle has passed and now I'm down to one aunt before all the members of that generation of my family will be gone.  Time marches on and on, leaving behind nothing by memories and I have precious few of those due to head bonks!  But I will not tarry there as all it does is bring sadness.  

It's cooling down and getting to the time I like the best, so I'm going to revel in it and enjoy life!!!!



No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen