Friday, October 14, 2022

October 14, 2022

 


aha!!! found one "HIGH SUMMER"

It is "indian summer" (I know probably not PC, but I don't know any other name yet).  Still NO freezing, the climate change is throwing us for a loop! I have tomatoes just getting ripe, so if it holds a bit longer I'll get quite a few.

msH & I are off to WG fiber camp this afternoon when she's done with school.  It is a wonderful weekend retreat with friends who share our interests & passions. A whole weekend to NOT have to think about cooking, cleaning or laundry, etc 😁.  And I am so thankful that the pre-teen still wants to do things with her great gran.

We go lots of big beautiful pears from the late pear tree.  I was able to share lots and put a good deal of them in my new garage 'frig for fresh pears later this winter.  I got a new 'frig for the garage that is fitted with the unheated space addition so it will still keep working when temps in the garage get too cold for the regular refrigeration unit to work. And not that I want to be a doomsayer, but the way things seem to be progressing in this country right now it will be good to have those back up supplies for maybe hard times. Just have to pray the power holds out!

The heart thing is still "kicking my butt" while I get used to just what I can and can't do so I don't get so tired I am down for a couple of days.  I'm learning the "pace yourself" in everything you do routine which includes lots of rest periods between work periods. But as I am wont to say, as per my late mum, "it beats the alternative".

OK, I'm off to finish getting ready for our weekend.  All have a continuing good autumn (or spring, depending on where one lives).




No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen