Friday, October 28, 2022

October 28, 2022

 


It's slowly continuing to cool down; but only a couple of small freezes so plants are very confused.  So are the chickens - they are molting now, of all times, so there are few if any eggs.  The mean one (barred rock who was not laying) has moved to a colder climate and the other girls seem to be better off.   I hope the little one gets her feathers back.

Today and yesterday we worked outside trying to get the last parts of winter preparedness done.  It is going very slowly as I get tired way to soon and the Mister has use of only one hand.  We did get the potatoes dug today; BOY! we are going to have to keep a better handle on the weeds next year.  It was hard to dig through those awful mallows; they get so big it is nearly impossible to get out the huge roots and I'm afraid they may come back bigger next year.  We  did get some good potatoes, but some of them were too close to the surface and were green.  Will need more cover next year, too.

I finished the Halloween costume for the Great grand and it looks pretty cool.  I'll add photos when we take it to her tomorrow and take pictures of her in it.  This year was a White Tiger - I used some nice fluffy fleece so she might be able to use the "onesy" as PJs.

OK, I'm tired out from the work outside and I just told the mister we were going to our neighboring townlet to have supper.  They have a little supper club there and on Fridays they have steak - which I can eat since it can be cooked with no salt!!!








No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen